Unveiled: Managed Care Guide
Presented: Thursday, May 18, 2023, 12-1 PM ET
The majority of hearing care providers (HCP) participate, in some degree, with a managed care plan; yet many struggle to find the sweet spot of utilizing their patient’s benefits while continuing to run a profitable practice.
The International Hearing Society’s (IHS) Managed Care and Compliance Committee (MCCC) met this challenge by creating a new resource to guide providers through the complex world of health insurance. This resource is the first of its kind to bring together all critical aspects one must consider when participating with health plans. From walking readers through insurance basics and sources of coverage to contract negotiations and business valuation, this resource should be in arms reach of every staff member who holds some degree of responsibility for engaging in any aspect of managed care.
In this webinar, IHS is bringing this resource to life by offering participants a first-hand look into the Guide as well as tips when implementing it into their practice. MCCC Chair, Samantha Sikorski will cover technology upgrades, how and when to utilize the forms, letters, and guides included in the appendix. Moreover, she will unveil methods each practice can use to customize these documents and illustrate how valuable they can be when used.
Attend this 60-minute webinar and you will be able to:
- Define managed care and how it relates to health insurance,
- Locate state and federal regulations that impact their business,
- Identify critical contract language that may limit their product recommendations, and
- Describe essential aspects to clinical documentation.
View the Webinar Now
All IHS Webinars, recordings, and any associated content are only for individual professional development and viewing. It is not intended for group viewing or redistribution by any individual, company or institution without the express written consent of the International Hearing Society. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
How to Earn CE Credit:
This webinar is FREE TO VIEW. One (1) continuing education credit will be available upon completion of the webinar quiz and CE processing payment. IHS Members receive 50% discount off the CE fee.
Not an IHS member? Join here before submitting your CE quiz and save $30 on each CE quiz you submit!
CE Quiz - click here
Presentation Slides - click here
Obtaining Continuing Education Credit:
- Register for the live webinar and attend. For archived webinar recordings, you will be asked to provide your name and email address prior to viewing the webinar.
- Complete the CE quiz for your webinar. This quiz can be located on the webinar page. Instructions will also be provided during the webinar.
- Email the completed quiz with your payment to email@example.com. You can also fax the quiz to 734.522.0200.
- Completed quizzes may also be mailed with payment.
Once the quiz is received at IHS it will be graded. You must score 70% or better to earn 1 continuing education credit and receive any bonus materials associated with your webinar. Your certificate of completion will be emailed to you within 30 days of receipt.
CE Processing Fee: $29 IHS members*; $59 non-members (payment in US funds only). *Miracle-Ear IHS members may receive up to 5 complimentary webinar CEs per calendar year.
If you have questions regarding IHS Webinars, please email firstname.lastname@example.org